Thursday, July 2, 2020

More oddities

Oddities out finally...


In addition to lots of plankton and turtles hitting the Spoonflower side, I have started adding some fish I wanted to draw for a long time, because I catch them.
Goldeyes are a member of the Mooneye family, and are all over the northern half of North America, in the Mississippi river basin and Great Lakes drainages.  Canadians like to smoke them into a fish dish, I just like to catch them on the fly, as they are a great 2wgt flyrod fish that is a jumper. They have a close relative that I have yet to draw, the mooneye.  I also dropped in an Australian fishing fish, the Talang Queenfish ( a jack), and a fish I caught lots in the Florida Panhandle (especially Pensacola Bay), the White (Sand) Seatrout.  The White Seatrout is oft confused with both the silver seatrout, and silver perch, and is a croaker, of the weakfish branch (as is the White Seabass in California, and the Tortuaba from the Sea of Cortez).   There is some argument that the white seatrout is really a subspecies of weakfish that is minus spots. Whatever you call them, they are a fun fish that is roughly a pound and likes to bite at night. 
I also updated the Master Catalog to make is load far faster.

Enjoy, tight lines, and be safe,
Bryce


No comments:

Post a Comment